Our mission is to restore the bounty of North America’s native woodlands by raising awareness of the many benefits mast-producing trees provide to wildlife, humanity, and the environment, and serving as an information resource for people interested in planting or managing mast-producing trees and forests.
Although we believe that planting and preserving trees has inherent value and is our responsibility as good stewards of the land, we also recognize that trees are more likely to be planted and preserved when they are associated with concrete and practical benefits.
We therefore emphasize the use of mast-producing trees as practical solutions to real problems, including:
- diversifying income sources for farmers, gardeners, and landowners
- increasing local food security and providing healthy, delicious, and inexpensive food for families
- maintaining biodiversity and wildlife habitat in urban, suburban, and rural areas
- finding clean, locally produced, and sustainable alternatives to fossil fuels
- maintaining healthy ecosystem services such as stormwater mitigation
- beautifying cities, suburbs, and countryside
- and more
Our NetworkPin It