The Pecan (Carya illinoinensis) is a very large tree of the hickory family, native to the southern and central parts of the United States. Pecan trees are famous for their delicious nuts, which are buttery in consistency …
Welcome to the Mast Tree Network!
Our mission is to restore the bounty of North America's native woodlands by raising awareness of the many benefits mast-producing trees provide to wildlife, humanity, and the environment, and serving as an information resource for people interested in planting or managing mast-producing trees and forests.
- Attracting Whitetail Deer with Mast-Producing Trees and…
- Acorn-Finished Pork: An Ancient Tradition
- How to Plant an Edible Hedge
- What is Mast?
- Mast Producing Trees and Shrubs Native To North America
- Native Walnuts of North America
- The American Persimmon
- Attracting Wild Turkeys With Mast-Producing Trees and Shrubs
- Native Oaks of North America
- Coppicing With Mast-Producing Trees
aesculus amelanchier aronia asimina black bear carya castanea celtis coppicing cornus corylus diospyros fagus forest communities forest gardening game game birds gaultheria government programs hard mast hedgerows juglans malus morus native plants for dry shade native plants for full shade orioles permaculture pigs prunus quercus riparian buffer zones rubus sambucus shade gardening soft mast songbirds sorbus squirrels tree-friendly pavers vaccinium viburnum whitetail deer wild turkey woody agriculture