Analog forestry is a system of sustainable forestry that seeks to recreate the structure and function of a diverse natural forest. Much like agroforestry, it seeks to use forest resources for food, shelter, and income in a sustainable way, …
Welcome to the Mast Tree Network!
Our mission is to restore the bounty of North America's native woodlands by raising awareness of the many benefits mast-producing trees provide to wildlife, humanity, and the environment, and serving as an information resource for people interested in planting or managing mast-producing trees and forests.
- Acorn-Finished Pork: An Ancient Tradition
- Attracting Whitetail Deer with Mast-Producing Trees…
- What is Mast?
- How to Plant an Edible Hedge
- Mast Producing Trees and Shrubs Native To North America
- Native Walnuts of North America
- Native Oaks of North America
- Attracting Wild Turkeys With Mast-Producing Trees and Shrubs
- The American Persimmon
- Native Hickories of North America
aesculus amelanchier aronia asimina black bear carya castanea celtis coppicing cornus corylus diospyros fagus forest communities forest gardening game game birds gaultheria government programs hard mast hedgerows juglans malus morus native plants for dry shade native plants for full shade orioles permaculture pigs prunus quercus riparian buffer zones rubus sambucus shade gardening soft mast songbirds sorbus squirrels tree-friendly pavers vaccinium viburnum whitetail deer wild turkey woody agriculture